In case you can see an unknown charge on your account, it might be a pre-authorisation. When making a rental, a pre-authorisation is placed on your bank account to ensure that when you end your rental, there will be enough funds to cover the cost of it. These funds are not taken from your account, but some banks display this as a charge. The pre-authorisation is automatically lifted by Donkey Republic as soon as you end your rental. You are only charged the price for the rental period. It can take a few days for your bank to update the bank statement. If you still see the reservation after several days, please reach out to your bank.
Articles in this section
- What are these charges?
- How do I change the language of the Donkey Republic app?
- Open source licensing
- What is Donkey Republic all about?
- Which phones are supported and which operating system do I need?
- How much does it cost to rent a vehicle?
- How do I pay?
- How do I get a receipt for my booking?
- How can I contact Donkey Republic?