For information on how to rent an e-bike, please refer to this article: How do I rent an e-bike?
- Install the Donkey Republic app for Android 5+ or iOS 11+.
- In the app, find the most convenient pick-up location for you, select the number of vehicles you would like to rent out (up to 5 vehicles per account) and tap on Continue.
- You will be shown a screen with an overview of the total cost per vehicle. Scroll through the graph to see the price for a vehicle rental. If you wish to book a normal rental tap on Rent # vehicle.
*Prices shown are only an indicator, for updated prices, please check in the app.
If you wish to create a monthly membership for which you will pay a fixed fee every month, tap on Membership. Please note that you will only be able to rent one bike with an active membership.
- After you have selected the option Rent # vehicles, choose Create account. If you already have an account, choose Login. You can decide whether to sign up through Facebook or by filling in your details.
- You will then be asked to add your phone number. Please select your country code, fill in the rest of the phone number and press Continue. You will receive a text message with a verification code. Once you have filled in the code, you will be able to proceed with the booking.
- If you are renting more than one vehicle, you will be shown the option to add your co-riders’ emails, so they will be able to lock and unlock the vehicle with their own app.
- Next, fill in your payment information and scroll down the page. You can then choose whether to add theft insurance or not. After allowing the processing of your personal data and accepting the Terms and Conditions of our service you will be able to press Rent Now.
8. Locate the vehicle at the pick-up location, make sure that the name in the app matches the vehicle you are next to, tap Unlock in the app and saddle up - you're good to go!
Hello. Are the bikes exactly like in the picture? It seems that quite a few of them are similar. Also I read about an insurance, do I have to buy separate insurance on top of the price for renting? By the way I was looking at Copenhagen as I'll be there in a few days.
I would like to point out that it is not easy to find the subscription, and also it is not possible to subscribe with the app without using facebook
As memeber of epfl, I needed to find a way to subscribe with the epfl's adress, not with the facebook one
Agree with Nicola, I only found how to sign up because I wanted to write a comment here agreeing with her. And magically found a sign up button after clicking 'Sign In'. Ridiculous.
And ironically now I cannot find a 'sign out'! Or my own profile at all! I suspect after posting this comment I'll have to click my own name. Who knows. Very poorly designed website!
Still no sign out button and now I realise that signing up here does not sign you up for the app. Where can we do this??
Article is closed for comments.